Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Where do I get my ideas from?

 Where did I get the idea to write The High Lake Detective series you ask.

This picture from my reading at my book launch on March 24, 2024, was taken at the Gibson Centre in Alliston. The picture says it all. The sense of wonder and love my grand children show me every day was the basis of the book series. I have the pleasure of spending a lot of time at the cottage with my family. The cottage is a place where we get to swim, search for frogs, kayak and so much more. Bonfires at night and smore's happen regularly. It is through these wonderful experiences and my love of mysteries (not scary ones though), that helped launch the idea. 

A few children's book writing courses also helped instil a love of writing. I am awed by the magic of words in a book that inspire children to read. Books can help create a sense of wonder and anticipation with young readers. 

What is the dock at the cottage like you ask. Thats the topic for the next blog, tune in next week. 

Answer to last weeks word search: Stuffed animals

Did you get it?

This weeks challenge: What kept falling off of gramma and into the lake? Chapter 1 again. Also answer is found in the last 2 pages of chapter 1. Happy solving 


Heather Hill Burford

www.thehighlakedetectives.com

FB: thehighlakedetectives

IG : the.highlakedetectives

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Post June 12, 2024 Did everyone find the answer to last weeks question? I hope so. The answer is Chapter 7. Spending time finding wood and...